As Salaamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) and Hello,
The Orphan Sponsorship Program (OSP) started out at the University of Toronto in 2003 with the aim of bringing about awareness of the situation of orphans around the world and fundraise in order to sponsor orphans. Since then, our achievements have been amazing Masha’Allah.
– For the academic year 2006-2007 alone, we have raised close to $45,000 Masha’Allah
– Accumulatively in just 3.5 years of our existence we have fundraised more than $141,000 Masha’Allah.
– This has enabled us to sponsor and re-sponsor 100 orphans from 17 different countries Masha’Allah.
Such accomplishments would make the OSP the most/one of the most successful student fundraising initiatives in msa and Student fundraising in general (we could not find any other similar achievements by anyone else)
Alhamdulillah this is truly a blessing, at the same time it is a challenge as we now need to re-sponsor 100 (and Insha’Allah more) orphans annually.
BUT with the continued help of our Canadian community, we will be able to keep re-sponsoring and helping out orphaned children year after year Insha’Allah! (so please spread the word and let others know!)
If you would like to know more about OSP and/or would like to donate (even donate online), feel free to visit our blog/email us.
**For full list of sponsorship countries, further detailed information about ways to donate, how much it costs to sponsor an orphan for a year, and donor opportunities Click Here
Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Was Salaamu Alaikum
Orphan Sponsorship Program (OSP)
University of Toronto
Some other achievements of ours
– We have encouraged and aided other MSAs as well as other student groups from various universities and schools to start similar orphan sponsorship initiatives.
– Educated students about the plight of orphans by means of information booths, poster displays and emails.
– Coming up with an orphan profile/update template for a Govt of Canada registered charities to utilize, which will enable donors sponsoring orphans, to obtain detailed information on the orphans they are sponsoring (not only our orphans but this will also benefit individuals and other organizations sponsoring orphans via the charity as well)
More From Year Reports